Sat, Jul 23|
Drawing Awareness - Drawing Classes for Beginners
--What you see is what you draw-- Get all the basic tools needed to start drawing realistic images, while learning what holds you from seeing and drawing things as they are.
Time & Location
Jul 23, 2022, 6:30 PM – 9:00 PM GMT+2
atelier baustelle, Belziger Str. 29, 10823 Berlin, Germany
About the event
Is picking up a pencil and drawing what's in front of you an old dream of yours?
Have you always wanted to draw from sight but had no idea how to start?
Are you afraid you are not good at drawing?
Well, you've arrived at the program that will help you conquer your fears and SIMPLY draw.
I've set up four 2.5-hour meetings that include all the knowledge and tools needed to start portraying objects and subjects using graphite. We will work with graphite pencils and get to know how our sight, mind, and hands operate and how to train them in order to see and draw more accurately.
When drawing from life, you develop a new connection to the world around you, and as a by-product, you enrich the world within you.
You are welcome to join all meetings or single ones. Feel free to contact me if any questions arise.
1. Saturday, 16/7, 6:30 - 9:00 pm:
- Know your Materials - from Basic to Pro
- Graphite Pencils - How to make the best out of a “simple” tool?
- Eye-Brain-Hand - How to strengthen the connection between the three and get to know what is standing in our way.
- Negative and Positive Space - Reprogramming the way we look at and perceive the world.
2. Saturday, 23/7, 6:30 - 9:00 pm:
- Lines and blobs - getting to know the biggest visual illusion, why we create it, and how to use it wisely when drawing.
- See and feel - How to use our senses to draw the better.
- Shading - how to create a rich range of shades with a pencil, and take your drawing from 2D to 3D using fifty shades of grey.
3. Saturday, 6/8, 6:30 - 9:00 pm:
- Perspective in Drawing - Understanding the relationship between you and all that surrounds you.
- One-Point Perspective - Learning how to see straight and use natural rules to your benefit.
- Urban Landscape Drawing using One-Point Perspective and negative space (might be done outdoors).
4. Saturday, 13/8, 6:30 - 9:00 pm:
- Two-Point Perspective - What to do when instead of hitting a wall, you hit a corner?
- Shading Perspective - understanding shading.
- Urban Landscape Drawing using Two-Point Perspective and negative space (might be done outdoors).
What to bring to the workshop?
All materials are included in the price (for use during the class only).
Where and When?
Belziger Str. 29, 10823 Berlin, Germany
Single class - 50 €
All four classes - 160 €
the price includes materials
After signing up you'll receive a link to the payment page by email.
* There are only 10 spots for the classes - I wish to keep our group intimate and to be available to all participants.
Feel free to contact me at email@example.com